Now that the March 6th Primary Election is over, and no run-off election is required for any U.S. Senate candidate, it is now time to advance to the next phase of my campaign: gathering signatures on petitions to have my name "Bob McNeil" placed on the ballot for the November 6, 2018 General Election.
Since I am running under the American Citizen Party banner, I am considered an "independent" candidate, which means I must obtain 47,183 signatures statewide from Texans who did NOT vote in the primary election. But, just to be on the safe side, and, because I am an overachiever, I am asking you to help me obtain 50,000 signatures. Since there are approximately 15 million registered voters in Texas, I believe this is an achievable goal.
Think about it.
From every corner of Texas, if 500 of you independent thinkers make a commitment to gather 100 signatures (10 petitions), we will easily reach the goal of 50,000 signatures. Of course, you can gather as signatures many as you like.
Will YOU commit to being one of "The 500"? If so, please contact me and write "I am one of The 500" in the Subject block. That way I can send you a nice "Thank you!" email message later, after you mail me your completed petitions.
Wherever you live in Texas, I ask that you download, print, and take the petitions to your school, college, church, workplace, shopping malls, festivals, sidewalks, neighborhoods, grocery stores, and everywhere else you go, and ask people to sign it.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING TWO DEADLINES
June 10, 2018 - The deadline for you to mail your completed petitions to me. (See address below)
June 21, 2018 - The deadline for me to submit the 50,000 signatures to the Texas Secretary of State in Austin.
To make the process as easy as possible, I have provided three (3) links you will find helpful:
- Petition - Download and print as many copies as you'd like (8 1/2" x 14" Legal Size Paper)
- Example - Download and print one (1) copy (with instructions on how to fill out the Petition - 8 1/2" x 14" Legal Size Paper)
- Bob McNeil is the Real Deal - Download and print so you can introduce me and my policies (8 1/2" x 11" Letter Size Paper)
Please note the following instructions:
- Buy an 8 1/2" x 14" clipboard to make it easier to hold the petitions and obtain signatures
- Tape "Bob McNeil is the Real Deal" to the back of the clipboard to make it easier to show people my picture and the listing of issues that make up my platform
- Download the Petition and print your desired number of copies (NOTE: Each Petition has ten (10) signature blocks)
- NOTE: I have already filled in the top portion of the Petition with my name, address, etc.
- Before you leave your home to gather signatures, print your name in the top right corner of each Petition on the line next to "Name of Circulator"
- To stay organized, write "1" on the line to the right of "Page ____". Write "2", "3", "4", etc. on the pages that follow
- Leave "of _____" blank for now
- When approaching someone to sign the petition, the first question to ask is: "Did you vote for U.S. Senator in the March 6th Primary election?"
- If they say "Yes", just say "Thank you!" and move on. (Texas election law disqualifies them from signing the petition)
- If they say "No", the next question to ask is: "Are you registered to vote?" (If they aren't, say "Thank you!" and move on.
- If they did NOT vote in the Primary election and ARE registered to vote, show them the printed "Bob McNeil is the Real Deal" photo and issues list and say "I am gathering signatures to have Bob McNeil's name added to the November ballot as an Independent candidate for U.S. Senator. Would you sign this Petition?"
- If they say "Yes", read the entire Statement on the petition beginning with "I know the purpose of this petition.......", then, on the next available line, have them fill in their information and sign the petition
- Of course, when they finish, please say "Thank you!" and ask them to vote for Bob McNeil for U.S. Senate on November 6, 2018.
- That's all there is to it!
You don't have to complete your petitions all in one day. You have from now until June 10th to complete the task. In fact, I suggest you do a few each day until then, just in case one of the other "500" is falling behind. Remember, the goal is 50,000 signatures statewide.
IMPORTANT!! When you have gathered all the signatures you intend to gather:
- Organize each petition by Page ___, beginning with Page 1, then Page 2, Page 3, etc.
- Then, on ALL of the petitions, fill in the "of _____" blank with the number of the LAST page (if you have 10 petitions, they will now be numbered Page 1 of 10, Page 2 of 10, Page 3 of 10, etc.)
- Next, you must then fill in the "AFFIDAVIT OF CIRCULATOR" at the bottom of every petition
- Next, on the FIRST PETITION ONLY, you must have an "Officer" administer the Oath (NOTE: An Officer can be a judge, clerk or commissioner of any court of record, a notary public, a justice of the peace, city secretary, or the Secretary of State of Texas)
- Then, you must sign each petition in the presence of the Officer, then the Officer must sign the FIRST PETITION ONLY and write in his/her title
- Finally, by June 10th, mail your completed petitions to the following address and I will add them to all the others:
729 Grapevine Hwy #148
Hurst, Texas 76054
I will then complete my "Independent Candidate's Application for a Place on the General Election Ballot" and take it, and ALL the petitions to Austin, Texas and file them with the Secretary of State of Texas by 5:00pm on June 21, 2018.
Remember, only with YOUR effort will this monumental goal be achieved!!
Also, remember that I am the ONLY Senate candidate with a plan to abolish both the corporate and individual income tax, and return to the original, Constitutional taxing methods that funded a thriving America for the first 125 years of its existence.
Elect "The Real Deal Bob McNeil" to the U.S. Senate and I'll work as hard as I can to